“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
This is my attempt at a 365 Project: One picture a day, one story a day, one dot per day. We'll see where it goes from there.
Thursday, May 2, 2013
Days 333-336: April 29-May 2, 2013
To begin the week I stopped by Soma for the first time to grab a smoothie. It was very good and I am surprised I have not stopped by Soma yet. My "Jungle Juice" smoothie was a great snack to get the day started, as this was the beginning of the long and challenging week that would culminate with two exams in 24 hours. It was time to sprint towards the finish line of 2L year as crunch time is upon us. The bad news is it was two of my non-multiple choice exams, but the good news was it was also my only two open-book exams. So the plan was to spend two days prepping for each, and then buckle up and get the job done.
First up was Administrative Law, and after a long day spent mostly studying for Secured Transactions (I had designated both Sunday and Monday as Admin days), I put together a couple hours worth of refreshing in Admin towards the end of the evening. It was challenging spending the whole week in the library as the weather was getting to be quite nice outside, but I was fortunately able to spare some time to go for a run on Monday before I really had to lock it down. I think I did a good job of organizing and prepping for round one, but we'll have to wait and see how everything comes back in the end.
Secured Transactions is.... well there is not much positive to say about Secured Transactions. Tropical Secured Transactions, however, is something else. Immediately after my Admin final, I got right into Secured, as it would take the entire rest of the day to actually figure out what was going on in that class. Towards the end of the night, it was down to the I-Jiggles office, where we found a random pineapple, paired it up with our globalization monkey, threw in some casebooks and statutory supplements, and created Tropical Secured Transactions!
On the final day of 2L year, it was the culmination of essentially the worst season of 24 ever: two exams wrapped up within 24 hours. But, like Jack Bauer, I put my game face on and finished strong (well, hopefully—we'll find out soon). It's a relief to finally be done and finish this long stretch and put an end to the challenging and strenuous 2L year. Oh, and it also happened to be another beautiful day in Bloomington.
Labels:
Bloomington,
outdoors,
school
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment