Thursday was a day spent mostly in the journal office, alongside our lovable kickball trophy with his new t-shirt and our favorite globalization monkey. In the morning I had my interview for next year's executive board, and in the afternoon I spent most of the day cite-checking. While our trophy looks as excited as always (most likely due to being a champion), our monkey seems somewhat tired and/or passed out. He must have been spending a long day cite-checking as well...
Friday was the moot court final arguments, and they were pretty great. All four competitors did a fantastic job, and we had a great panel of judges led by the real Judge Kima Royce and Professor Cody Zeller himself. Also, we had armed bailiffs at the bench because why not, this is Indiana. At the end of the night, the two champions were named and were well deserving. I certainly could not have done that well at this stage of the competition, which is why I was rightfully eliminated in the Octofinals! (And just in time to celebrate my birthday party.)

No comments:
Post a Comment