Saturday was our I-Jiggles Global Party, which I attended after The Vegas Bombers extended our win streak to three games by defeating a team on an eight-game winning streak in epic fashion. We are really starting to come together and make our playoff run! Global Party was a lot of fun as well. I contributed to the European representation with some Abbey Ale (I think from the Netherlands?) and my favorite Belhaven Scottish Ale. The Belhaven was my favorite beer in Scotland and is still my favorite beer of all time. It is like a lighter and creamier tasting Guinness, and while the widget-loaded draft cans are fantastic, nothing compares to the true Belhaven drawn off the tap in the Scottish heartland.
Sunday closed off a very busy four-day weekend with a quiet day at home combined with a bit of work to catch up for the school week. I ended the evening by partaking in one of the rare events of the year where I cook my own dinner. Here we have some pork chops and mixed vegetables accompanied by a glass of Oliver Creekbend Traminette, Indiana's signature wine. All was delicious, proving it to be another rare occasion: the occasion where I cook foods that are not corn on the cob and they all taste good.
My dinner Monday was not quite as wholesome as my home-cooked Sunday meal (don't worry, I had a real dinner later on), but I stopped by Potbelly to pick up a vanilla malt and sugar cookie to keep me going as I finished my high school math homework, also known as our second problem set for Corporate Finance. I'm still not sure if I really remember what math means, but I keep saying that one day I hope to keep track of my personal finances like a corporation does, so it should eventually come in handy. I used to get these sugar cookies all the time in D.C., and although the ones in Bloomington are usually a little over-baked, this one was quite delicious.
Tuesday was a sad sad day. After watching an amazing moot court semifinal argument, we went over to Nick's to catch the Indiana game, where the Hoosiers disappointed and were upset by the Golden Gophers of Minnesota. We still have a great team, but we really have to stop it with these letdown games, particularly the ones in which Cody Zeller decides to play like a little kid. With Watford in foul trouble and Zeller getting beat up down low by the Gophers (getting beat up by a Gopher is as sad as it sounds), things were not going to end well, even with Indiana fighting back from their countless mistakes to keep things close until the end. Better get back to practice, because with only three games left, we are going to have to win at least two and maybe all three to win the Big Ten and secure that #1 overall tournament seed and midwest regional placement!
On Wednesday we all stopped at Noodles for lunch, where Megan was surprised by the new drink machine they added this semester. While I did think these machines were super cool when they first came out, I am starting to not like them so much because they have way too many choices, and take forever to use even when you know what your doing and using them quickly. They take even longer to use when people can't figure out how to work them, and can create some huge lines at lunch. But they are certainly designed in a fun and interesting way, which reminded Megan of her favorite drink machines at McDonalds—"It's like a factory for drinks!" (Actual quote.)




No comments:
Post a Comment