Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 217: January 3, 2013

Dinner at Outback tonight, where I haven't been in quite a while, since last summer I think. I had my favorite, the Outback Special, with a side of sweet potato and grilled asparagus. Tonight I added on the sautéed mushrooms, which went very well with the steak. I also ordered a gingerbread cookie cocktail, which was not quite as delicious as an actual gingerbread cookie. It was also supposed to include an actual gingerbread man on top (one of the reasons I wanted it), but instead just had some kind of shortbread cookie. Lame.

After dinner, we went down to the movies in Fredericksburg to see Lincoln. This movie theater was actually really nice. It is new, and wasn't here back when I used to live in Stafford. I had been there once before while back in town in between college and starting work, but I don't think they had opened the attached bowling alley yet. Lincoln was a pretty good movie. It had a slow start, but picked up and finished very well. I knew a lot of it centered on the 13th Amendment, but didn't realize that was the focus of the entire movie. It was well done though, and Daniel Day Lewis was amazing in the role. Good movie to see centered on my second favorite President, just behind George Washington.

No comments:

Post a Comment