Thursday, January 3, 2013

Day 216: January 2, 2013

Went up to D.C. for the afternoon to meet some friends and old work colleagues for happy hour. Took the traditional commute into Union Station, but this time via the blue line instead of the orange line. The outside of Union Station is still sporting some of its festive holiday decorations. This time, however, I had to wait in the SEC lobby as a visitor. But this summer, I will be passing through the security gates again.

We ended up going to Art and Soul, a nice and fashionable restaurant just up the street from the Capitol, which is owned by Oprah's personal chef. The appetizers and dessert was good, and I had one of the Virginia cocktails, which was also very well made. Perhaps I have found a candidate for the Summer in D.C. version of The Rail!

No comments:

Post a Comment