“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
This is my attempt at a 365 Project: One picture a day, one story a day, one dot per day. We'll see where it goes from there.
Tuesday, January 1, 2013
Day 215: January 1, 2013
Happy New Year! 2012 was a fun year that began for me on Peachtree Street in Atlanta, Georgia, and ended in my hometown of Stafford, Virginia, on only the 20th day I spent in Virginia this year, by far the fewest of any year since I originally moved there in 2000. In between, the year included my first trip to Chicago, baseball games in Cincinnati and Detroit, and a summer trip to London, Munich, and Salzburg. Early in 2012, I dropped my glasses and contacts for good, as I underwent Lasik surgery and can now see perfectly without correction. 2012 also accounted for the most days I've ever spent in jail in my life. Don't worry, those visits were voluntary—a necessity of spending a summer working in a public defender's office in Lawrence County, Indiana. After going through the strenuous summer job search process again, 2012 also brought the news that next summer I will be returning to Washington, D.C. to work with the Securities and Exchange Commission (where I will presumably be spending far fewer days in jail). Also of note in 2012 was Indiana's exciting run to the Sweet 16 in the NCAA Tournament, followed by opening the following season as the preseason #1 ranked team in the country. Some of the things I am looking forward to in 2013 are having a great summer in DC that will hopefully shed some light on my future career prospects post-graduation, and continuing to be apart of Hoosier Nation and Indiana's quest to hang that sixth banner at Assembly Hall. Hopefully 2013 will be an even better year than 2012, and will bring some of these wishes and goals to light!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment