On Saturday morning we left for Florida to spend Christmas with my aunt, uncle, and cousins. It's a long drive, but we stopped to spend the night in Montgomery, Alabama on the way in so that we could get a good night's rest and finish up the drive in the morning. Here at the Hilton Garden Inn, they used a nice touch at trying to uphold the old "mints on the pillow" trick.
On Sunday afternoon, we finally made it to Florida, and drove right to Italy's Finest Pizzeria to enjoy some delicious Italian/New York-style pizza. That is one food item (of very few) that I will say is lacking in Bloomington. There are plenty of delicious food options, from Scholar's Inn to 4th Street, and you could probably go at least a month without trying the same thing again or visiting a chain restaurant in Bloomington. But while we do have some fantastic pizza in Mother Bear's, it is not truly the Italian or New York-style that I miss from elsewhere. But this week I will certainly get my fill of the pizza and stromboli that I have been missing all this time at my family's restaurant. If you are ever in Pensacola, make sure to stop by Italy's Finest for some truly amazing food!
No comments:
Post a Comment