Merry Christmas Eve! Today we got this Elf on the Shelf thing for my little cousin. Apparently these things are all the rave these days, and I'm still a little confused as to whether they are new things or whether they were around when I was a kid. I definitely do not remember ever having one of these or ever hearing about them when I was a kid. Apparently they are supposed to move around to random spots in the house so that they will always be watching kids to make sure they are being good for Santa.
Here the Elf is at the restaurant, hanging out on some of the beer taps. He clearly has good taste in beer, jumping straight for the Blue Moon. It was pretty fun moving the elf around and watching my cousin surprised at him showing up in random spots, especially when he ended up holding one of her crayons. And then later, magical notes from him to her kept appearing in his hands. Santa is clearly employing top of the line forces this year to ensure that kids are being good enough to get all their presents.
Today at the restaurant I had this delicious giant stromboli. Cheese, sauce, pepperoni, green peppers, onions, mushrooms, and black olives. So much noms. This is going to be a fun food week. I can't wait until the wine bottles start opening.

No comments:
Post a Comment