Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Day 31: July 1, 2012



Today we went to visit the Tower of London: the ultimate battle station. The Union has nothing on the Tower - here there are brick walls, castles, animals (including polar bears), weapons, armor, torture rooms, and even an office to do my actual exam studying. Pictured here: the London Bridge from a tower wall decorated for the Olympics.




Here I am fortifying up my battle station for the impeding fight. I must defend the battle station against all enemies, so I need to protect myself as well. Hopefully this solid helmet weighing about 30 pounds (and zero pence) will do the trick.




I have my armor, but I really need a sword to go on the offensive against any enemies. Here is a giant one I stole from some old king.




After leaving the battle station, Megan found a tree in England and started carrying it around. It was a pretty cool tree, and I'm sure if Megan had a battle station the tree would serve some useful purpose in its use. However, this tree did get to go on an adventure through several parts of Soho.



Unfortunately, however, we will not be able to take the tree on the plane back to the US. So Megan kindly donated it to an unsuspecting British citizen. This guy looks surprisingly far too excited to be the recipient of a tree in the streets of London. We will never know what truly became of this poor tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment