Monday started off a nice, cold, week of spring break. Definitely not getting off to a warm weather start like we did last year. Here it looks like all of the law school's trees are being torn out and replaced with new trees. It is a bit of a mess now, but I am hoping as spring continues the landscaping will begin to develop a bit and start to develop a nicer look.
Tuesday was 50-cent wing day, so I went to the best place in B-Town for wings, Buffa Louie's, to grab some lunch. My favorite order is five wings in medium and five in medium BBQ, which is the single best sauce I've ever had on wings. Buffa Louie's is also conveniently located by the most awkwardly placed sign in all of Bloomington (and maybe in any city), which is the Hoagy Carmichael sign located just behind the USA Today sign. This sign hangs out right into the middle of the walkway, and I know of at least one or two people that have walked right into it.
On Wednesday I put in some quality time at the library to take advantage of the extra time over break to finish up all of my associate work for journal, catch up on some early executive board work, and take care of a couple other random errands. Wednesday also brought the surprise of some additional snow, not much, but enough to coat the grass and at times look like a much heavier amount was coming. Even though I love the snow, it is getting to the point where it is time for some warmer weather to come around. After taking advantage of the quiet library to get some photos of our beautiful study area, I finished off the day with a nice relaxing trip to the gym to get in some running and lifting and to play a bit of basketball.
Thursday was still a bit chilly, but we took advantage of the afternoon to head up to Indy and stop by a few of the breweries to sample some different beers. We started at Fountain Square (the Indianapolis version and NOT the Bloomington one), moved on to Flat 12, where we got free samples and enjoyed the nice warm outdoor fire pit, and finished off at the aptly named BlackAcre, what should be a law school favorite and had some great brews, good food, and amazing sweet potato fries. Tomorrow it will be off to Chicago, following Indiana's second-round B1G Tournament game, where although it will be the warmest day in Bloomington of the week, the weather will be much colder up north.


No comments:
Post a Comment