Sunday, March 10, 2013

Days 281-283: March 8-10, 2013

I spent a little bit of time Friday at the Union trying to get a head start on my journal work for the week so that I could enjoy more of the break that is spring break coming up. I tried to get into the secret room of the Union, but it was closed yet again! This is a mysterious secret room in the Union that is apparently amazing to study in and has some of the greatest views of campus, but it is always closed when I try to stop by. It is hard to find because it is in a hidden spot inaccessible to elevators and also does not show up on the Marauder's Map. It is basically the Union's Room of Requirement, so I guess I will have to do my best Harry Potter impression and only show up when I absolutely need to use it in order to get in.
With Bloomington becoming a spring break ghost town, I decided to take advantage of the quiet atmosphere to do some spring cleaning, which became my annual clean everything in the apartment time. I spent most of the day as I went well beyond my normal cleaning regimen to get everything in order for the remainder of the semester heading into the long summer break. Afterwards, it was nice to enjoy the fresh and clean apartment! Although, I was quite disappointed to learn that it was apparently daylight savings time today? Did not see that one coming. As I was ready to go to sleep at 2:30 and then get an early start to the day, I noticed while setting my alarm that it was 3:30 and was taken by surprise. Oops. I will have to say that is the first time I have ever been surprised by DST. But, the surprise factor did allow me to almost ignore it, and it ended up being my best ever observance of my least favorite DST of the two, which usually sets me back and messes up my whole Sunday.

On Sunday I was able to enjoy the freshly cleaned apartment to watch the Hoosiers take on Michigan in the regular season finale. Mumble the Basketball Penguin even got a new shirt (courtesy of David) to celebrate the Hoosiers' trip to Ann Arbor to take down the Wolverines. Indiana won in dramatic last-second fashion, coming back from a weak first half to win the outright Big Ten Regular Season Championship! One banner down and two more to go this season. Now it's time to head to Chicago for the Big Ten Tournament! Go Hoosiers!

No comments:

Post a Comment