Monday, January 14, 2013

Days 227-228: January 13-14, 2013

Finished off the first weekend back with a cold, raining day spent inside studying to get ready for the week. It is a bit too early in the semester to get into the library, especially considering how much time I spent in there last semester, so this week I am starting off with some low-key studying at home with good old Cubby, my oldest and most trusted coffee mug, named after (and purchased from) the original Cubby from 24, my favorite TV show growing up. (When Lost came out, those two were in a battle every week. Unfortunately for 24, Lost started getting really good as 24 was getting bad and being stretched out too long.) Cubby was the original Cubs mug that Tony Almeida had at his desk in seasons 1 and 2 of 24. The mug was supposed to be destroyed when CTU blew up in the second season, but fate would intervene. The mug had become so well known to fans and treasured to Carlos Bernard (the actual Cubs fan, and actor that played Tony), that Bernard decided to lead a ceremonious destruction of Cubby in front of the rest of the cast and crew on the set of the post-explosion crippled CTU. Bernard threw the mug high into the air, so that it would come crashing down on the cement floor of the CTU, but as it was in the air the mug became hooked onto a camera wire and was stuck and never fell. The actor retrieved the mug, and the producers decided the mug should be spared, so it ended up making an appearance in every season Tony was in from there on out, and cemented its status as one of the most beloved "characters" on the show. With Tony being my favorite character, I ended up getting my own Cubby, and it has become one of my favorite mugs since.

On Monday I finished up an early-ish day at school and decided to stop by Outback on the way home to pick up some curbside take out. I usually enjoy the occasional Outback curbside, and it has been a while since I've stopped by. Tonight I went with a delicious pork tenderloin, sweet potato, and some green beans. I know at least one of my readers is going to be mad at me for my delicious dinner if she reads my post today....
I am really enjoying this schedule so far, finishing early enough to have some extra time at the end of the day. At least I do so far, until everything starts picking up into the semester. Definitely looking forward to the end of the week and the upcoming five-day weekend! Yay for Monday-Tuesday-Wednesday classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment