This afternoon we took a trip up to Dulles to check out the new Air and Space Museum, which had moved a while back from D.C. I had never made it to the new museum even though I lived in Fairfax just a short drive from Dulles. It was cool to see some of the old aircraft, especially the space shuttle Discovery, which made its cross-country trip following retirement and finally settled down in Virginia.
After the museum, we made a trip into the city to have dinner at CoCo Sala. The food was fantastic, and the dessert even better. CoCo Sala is one place, like Founding Farmers, that never disappoints. I had a delicious beef tenderloin for my main course, with sides of seasonal vegetables and a garlic and goat cheese potato puree. My drink was a "Wild Winter" cocktail, and was quite good as well. For dessert, I had their "Some More CoCo" with a french press coffee. The dessert was amazing, and the coffee was quite good, after I had to frantically Google how to work a french press, not realizing that they actually bring you a full french press and do not just pour the coffee for you. Oh the things you learn in a big city. I think it is safe to say we all enjoyed our delicious meals and desserts, and will be happy to return to CoCo Sala this summer when I am back in the nation's capital!
No comments:
Post a Comment