“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
This is my attempt at a 365 Project: One picture a day, one story a day, one dot per day. We'll see where it goes from there.
Friday, November 30, 2012
Day 182: November 29, 2012
Stopping by Potbelly for lunch today, where recently the Sweet Leaf tea has made a surprising replacement for my usual Mash. For some reason I have just been craving the Mint & Honey tea for the last several weeks, but the sandwich choice has stayed consistent with the Smoked Ham. The only sad thing about Potbelly in Bloomington is that it replaced Dunkin Donuts, which has the best coffee ever. I used to have coffee at the SEC's Dunkin Donuts every morning before work, so I miss that coffee here. But it was nice to have a Potbelly, since it was always one of my classic DC lunch spots. Actually, when I moved over to the SEC from Mayer Brown, where I used to go to the Potbelly right around the corner of the block, there was originally no Potbelly near Union Station, but one opened up the first month I started there. Then, shortly after its opening, I saw the guy who used to take the orders (in DC, they take your order when you get in line with an electronic order pad, that way they have started working on it by the time you get to the counter) at my old Potbelly working there, and when we recognized each other I told him I had started working over here now, and he said he was also moved over to Union Station to work at the new Potbelly (there are several Potbelly's in DC, not just the two). Then on my last week of work I told him I was leaving for Bloomington and he mentioned that there was a Potbelly there. I hadn't seen one on any of my earlier trips before, but then when I came back into town for good in August, boom, brand new Potbelly is opening up just across from the law school where the Dunkin Donuts used to be. So, since Potbelly's seem to be following me around (you may recall from an earlier post that they also played a role in me ending up in Indiana anyway), they are definitely secure in their spot as one of my #1 lunch choices!
Labels:
food
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment