Today was my first race ever in the Hoosiers Outrun Cancer 5k. I've wanted to run one for a long time, but today is finally the day. After running so much over the summer, I felt good about going into a race, but thought I would be a little out of it because it was in the morning (normally not my time of day for a run) and because school has been so busy recently it's kept me from running as much as I did over the summer.
The run ended up being great though. We had a good team from Maurer show up and had a lot of fun. I ended up finishing in 21:29 (running 3.18mi according to Nike+), which was a new personal best for 5k since I've been officially timing them. Even more surprising was my fastest mile was actually the last one, which is the first time I've finished strong like that. Running a race is a lot of fun - it was great to see some local schools bringing out their cheerleaders to cheer everyone on, and also some of the sororities and other locals and students cheering us from the sideline. Another amazing thing about races: people give you water DURING your run. Though I think I still need to perfect the proper technique for receiving the handoff without spilling water over everything. Oops. Great day going on a fun run with good people for a great cause!
After finishing the race, I set up the new iPhone 5. Last thing my iPhone 4 does? Set a new personal record in a 5k. First thing my iPhone 5 does? Write a moot court brief. Sorry buddy. In the library for the rest of the day...

No comments:
Post a Comment