Today I got my new Fitbit, which is supposed to track your exercise and physical activity. Counts all steps, floors climbed, miles traveled, and calories burned over a day, and also tracks your sleep at night to determine how much sleep time you are actually getting. Should be a fun complement to my Sleep Cycle and Nike+ apps to track and collect data over time. I had been thinking about getting the Nike Fuel Band for a while, because it seemed like a fun way to track activity and collect more data, but was not too excited about having to wear it on the wrist all the time. The Fitbit is much more compact, seems easier to carry, and seems to both have more functionality and get better reviews online, so we'll see how it goes!
Wednesday we took a day trip to Charlottesville and I had an opportunity to walk around grounds and see some of my old university. Here is the Thomas Jefferson statue at the back of the Rotunda with the Seven Society stamp in front, one of the secret societies at UVA. I had a chance to walk through some old classrooms and take a look, but there is a ton of construction going on right now, so they seem to be updating and changing a lot of things. It will be much nicer to talk another walk through when they are finally finished.
Took a stop by Tropical Smoothie Cafe to grab a smoothie following a good evening run. Tropical Smoothie has some great smoothies, plenty of flavors, and also has a decent selection of sandwiches as well. Usually I stop by just for the smoothies, but it was nice to take another swing by as I have not had it in quite a while. They have two new smoothies that I enjoyed quite a bit, the Island Green Smoothie (spinach, kale, mango, pineapple, and banana) and the Caribbean Carrot (carrot, mango, banana, goji, and orange juice). Also got my oil changed again this week, making the next time up at 102,000 miles.


No comments:
Post a Comment