Friday, April 12, 2013

Days 310-314: April 6-10, 2013

It has been quite the busy week, so here is another large batch of uploads at once. Saturday was a day spent indoors cite-checking, and I even stayed in the library long enough to close it down. Of course, closing on a Saturday only means staying until 10:00 PM, but it still gets mostly empty by then. Even though I spotted up in my new corner hiding spot, most of the pit is empty by the time I am getting ready to leave.

Sunday was the first amazingly beautiful day of the year, with perfect weather in the 70s and plenty of sunshine. Although I was supposed to stay in and do work all day, I couldn't help going out for a run in the perfect weather. After finishing up my run, I was able to take this great shot of the Sample Gates. I then finally went back to the library to finish up my work for the day, enjoying my favorite spring-time library drink, a Starbucks iced green tea.
Monday was law school free stuff day, as I got some IJGLS "swag" and a Lexis Camelbak. The IJGLS stuff was for submitting the winning entry for Aman's end of the year gift, which was a photo of him superimposed on a famous person's body. My entry was him as Tom Crean at the introductory press conference, with the Crean and Crimson shirt saying Global and Legal instead. The Lexis bottle was from another training, doing some Lexis points hustling.
Tuesday was another beautiful day in Bloomington, so I took an afternoon break to take a few shots of some of the spring flowers and perfect weather. Here is a spot just inside the Sample Gates by the student building. I ended up going for another run after classes to enjoy the nice weather, and then moved back into the library to finish up my reading for the day and a bit more cite-checking.
I am not really sure what this "IU Strike" is, but I think it is something to protest tuition that the students are all going crazy about. Sounds like a dumb idea to me, especially when law school tuition is the one that is into the 30,000s. But you give undergrads a chance to act like there is an "important issue" and they will jump on it whether or not they even know what they are doing. Just ask UVA how their living wage campaign is still going. Anyway, Wednesday finished up classes for the week (only one more week left...), and I ended the evening by serving as a juror in a mock trial, which was pretty fun and exciting. We ended up as a hung jury, but the side I voted with carried the slight majority!


No comments:

Post a Comment