Sunday, March 31, 2013

Days 301-303: March 28-30, 2013

This is one of the reasons I love Bloomington. Even the local hardware stores do what they can to support IU's tournament run. Literally everything in Bloomington revolves around basketball, and during the tournament, that is all that matters. I am so proud to be part of such a loyal and stable fan base that is motivated by the desire to win every year, with the goal set at the highest prize. Unfortunately, this year's dream season ended short of its ultimate goal. But nothing comes easy, and Hoosier Nation will recover and keep going on that quest for banner number six.

It was Fingerprinting Friday for me, as I had to take my fingerprinting cards to the police station to get my prints done for my summer internship as there is no GSA office anywhere close to Bloomington that does not only do Treasury and IRS printing. Otherwise, it was a gloomy day as Bloomington depressingly trudged through its post-tournament hangover and even the sun refused to show through on this afternoon.
SQUARE IS FINALLY HERE! This is one of the most amazing inventions ever—I can now take credit card as payment via my iPhone and my new Square device. The Square itself is entirely free, and for only a 2.75% surcharge on every purchase, I can accept credit cards whenever anyone needs to pay me, in addition to being able to keep track of all my payments. While I will probably rarely use this, it is still amazing and I imagine it will be a super fun way to collect payments whenever I need to run point on a fundraising venture.

No comments:

Post a Comment