Friday, February 22, 2013

Day 266: February 21, 2013

With massive amounts of salt appearing on the roads and sidewalks Thursday afternoon, you could tell some sort of weather event was coming. Unlike back home in Virginia, Indiana is usually pretty on top of things in terms of keeping the roads treated and prepared ahead of time, and then getting back out to plow and re-treat during any sort of weather event. Today's weather event, however, surprisingly began with snow and not just pure ice like last year's ice storm.
Eventually, however, the snow turned into a mix and then began to ice over, as you can see by the sheet of ice coating the outside of Brothers. We made it out to Bar Review, but it was a mostly low-key crowd at Brothers as a lot of people probably stayed in because of the weather. The roads were well taken care of though, so it was easy to get out there and we enjoyed one of the rare nights where the 2Ls were the ones taking over Bar Review! We also enjoyed the opportunity to celebrate the very beginning of my birthday. When I was growing up, my family used to tell me that it always snowed on my birthday (which makes sense I guess, because I love snow and it is awesome), so I guess the trend continues this year with our snow/ice/mix mini-storm!

No comments:

Post a Comment