Went to Kobe in Stafford for some sushi. I had some tuna and yellowtail sashimi and a Bomb Roll (pictured in the bottom plate), which was a spicy tuna, salmon, and yellowtail roll. The sushi was very good, and it was the first time I've had sushi and not hibachi at our Kobe. Oddly enough, it also ended up being the second consecutive year that I was at Kobe during the Indiana at Penn State basketball game. While I did not see that game, the Hoosiers dominated (of course), and then I did make it home in time to see the SEC (via Alabama) steamroll Notre Dame in the BCS Championship game. The SEC is clearly the most dominating conference in football, and I can't wait until the playoff begins, which should assure that one (or multiple) SEC teams always play for the crystal football.
Also took a drive by North Stafford again in the evening to check out my old high school. I drove up to the old student parking lot and found my old favorite parking spot. The school is down there in the bottom right, and I am parked in my old prime spot in the photo. The other five spots to the left are all reserved for senior class officers with the remainder of the front row being handicap or otherwise-reserved spots. This final spot on the right appears to be marked as a reserved spot, but never actually had a reservation sign (and still doesn't). So a lot of people always assumed it was reserved, when it really wasn't, and would park in the back rows and the farther away spots, leaving this beautiful front row spot available for the taking. I'm not sure if the students have figured it out by now, but back in '06 only a few of us had caught on, so we used to battle it out to get this prime spot on the way to school for the short walk down the stairs in the morning and the quick exit from the parking lot line to get home in the afternoon!

No comments:
Post a Comment