Thursday, October 18, 2012

Day 140: October 18, 2012

Drove down to Charlottesville for the day to get some work done for my Second Annual Fall Break Pretend to be an Undergrad Day. The UVa students were pretty quiet in the library, almost like a real law library. It's a good thing my favorite library is the library in what used to be the original UVa law school. I also enjoyed a Bodo's breakfast bagel and some Greenberry's coffee and tea, which I haven't had in a while.
There was one funny moment when a student asked me if the dumplings stand in Clark Hall was closed for the day. I had to explain to him that there was never any dumplings stand when I used to be there. After the library I had a chance to walk the grounds for a bit. New construction is all over the place, it's going to be a whole new school by the time I come back again. Additional note to UVa administrators: I will not donate money to the school until you start giving wi-fi access to alumni!*


*also, until I get a real job.
Finished off the afternoon with a delicious Gusburger at the White Spot. (Technically, a Spot Special.) Every Thursday as a first year I used to head over to the White Spot to grab a gus for lunch. The guys used to always remember me every time I came in after I stopped the regular Thursdays, but I guess it has been getting too long because they don't anymore. The burger was still fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment