“You can’t connect the dots looking forward; you can only connect them looking backwards. So you have to trust that the dots will somehow connect in your future. This approach has never let me down, and it has made all the difference in my life.” – Steve Jobs
This is my attempt at a 365 Project: One picture a day, one story a day, one dot per day. We'll see where it goes from there.
Friday, August 24, 2012
Day 84: August 23, 2012
Now is a good time to explain the story of the battle station. Back when I was a young, inexperienced 1L, first semester exams came around, and they were hard. One test, one grade, everything else you did during the year doesn't matter. So I decided to lock it down the final week and secure an isolated spot in the library to cram through each course round by round for the final battle (the exam). Of course, given my luck, after I found the perfect spot on the third floor where no one else would be, my battle station was quickly infiltrated by a random old woman reading books. That led to finding my non-Maurer battle station, the Union. Eventually, the battle station became the place I went when I had a ton of work to focus on and fight through. It's rare to have to activate the battle station this early in the semester, but shotgunning resumes to firm after firm in an attempt to secure more interviews sounds like the perfect use for any good old battle station. So here we go!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment