Busy day today! Started out the day with a walk through the city to see some sights: Millennium Park, Navy Pier, and everything in between. Note to self: never make jokes that might end up being true. Before we left, when asked if I had anything to blow my air mattress up with, I said we have to blow it up like a balloon. Then, that night when it was time to blow up the air mattress, turns out my air mattress doesn't have an air pump. Oops.
The bean is probably the most amazing object I've ever seen. I could spend all day looking at it and walking around it. This time we didn't get yelled at for trying to look at it because it was daytime and the park was open. I also had a homeless guy give me change on our Chicago walk. David gave him 75 cents, and he asked if I would give him a dollar for his 75 cents. So of course I did, because now I can tell this story.
Because Megan didn't come out on our Chicago walk, David and I found her a penguin friend (Meguin), and took pictures of Meguin all around the city so that Megan wouldn't miss anything when we got back. Pictured here: Meguin playing in a mariachi band.
As I said before, I could spend all day looking at the bean. So of course, after finding Meguin, we had to go take a picture with her at the bean. Meguin also got to be in a wedding photo at the bean! (Basically, the bean is awesome.)
Taking the L to Wrigley for the game! It's amazing how nice people are in Chicago - every time someone stuck in the middle of a crowded train needs to get off at a stop, everyone starts yelling "getting off!" to help make way for the people to get out. That kind of stuff never happens on the metro, it's every man for himself in the District.
Wrigley is one of the funnest stadiums I've been at. Small, but fun and exciting with plenty of history. Great views of the skyline and Lake Michigan in the background, good seats, and a cool old fashioned scoreboard instead of a video board. Unfortunately, the Cubs lost, but I would definitely come back for a game again.

No comments:
Post a Comment